Our first games were today and it was 97 degrees and humid. Way too hot to have spent the 5 hours I did sitting at the fields watching and waiting for games to be played.
The boys did great. Jag finally gets the game! 3 seasons of nothing and now it has clicked!! We sign him up to play and kick the ball, not just get the after game snack (which is all he wanted last season). Christian scored his first goal and I missed it because I was running between fields or running Noah to the bathroom, who knows. Davis had the trickiest feet on the field until he almost died of heat stroke. Dump some water on him and he starts the tricky feet again. They were great games, despite the fact that they all lost! I was really, really hot and really, really done for the day!
Before games
Noah wanted to pose like this while I took his picture. He tried to put on his best soccer clothes as well.
Anya, smiling at the games despite the heat.
He's had an hour to cool off. Notice the sweaty head still. He's holding up my shade umbrella, I need a larger one!

I love that they are all #5 and I don't know how you all did it in that heat all day. I guess that's a mother's love.
ReplyDeleteCrazy! There is no way I'd be doing that heat for 5 hours. That's about the time that I'd be heavily pushing my boys to take up a new sport - like ice hockey!
ReplyDeleteNot to make you jealous, but I watched my kids' games yesterday in nice, sunny 65 degree weather. Ahhhhh, bliss. :-)
What a supportive Mom! I was a fair-weather support. If it was rainy or too cold, Don was the support at little league football - and they accepted that. Those kids are just so cute! Those rolls and that smile on Anya are just darling! I'm ready to call priceling.com about plane tickets!
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred
Ok, your boys are cute, but Anya takes the cake! Nice job! So we are going to Houston in a couple of weeks, (the 15 -17th to be exact). How far are you from there? We were supposed to fly in on the evening of the 13th, but one of John's work partner's and his wife decided to be induced that day, so we had to change our flights. The nerve! ;) It's a long shot, but it'd be nice to see you.
ReplyDelete