Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Deutsch Dienstag-rain barrels

It rains a lot.  The Germans, in my area, collect the rainwater into rain barrels via the rain gutter.  They then use the water to water their plants on that one day that it doesn't rain.
The rain pipes, that come down from the rain gutters, have a special flip down part to direct the water into the rain barrel when down and then flip up, when you have enough water.
 It has been pouring for days, I'm pretty sure that everyone's barrel is full.

2 comments:

  1. So, FYI, it doesn't rain NEARLY that much here in Washington. Just saying'. If you've been able to survive in Germany, I'm sure you'd thrive here!

    (HA! My word verification is: heneferr. Close.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please use up all the rain before Jan and I come to Germany. We really like sunshine better...just sayin'!
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete