Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Deutsch Dienstag-Narrow

German roads are a bit narrow. 
 
 It isn't uncommon to "take turns" driving and waiting.  The Autobahn is a different story.  I am talking about the roads in the villages.  The ones that I drive the most often.  Sometimes it is really hard not to flinch when a car is driving towards you.  It is like one crazy game of Chicken every day.  If a car wants, it can just stop in the middle of this narrow road and be parked.  Yep, right in my lane.  So then I wait for any oncoming traffic and go around it.  Swerve. Drive. Swerve.  Straight.  Add narrow to twisty and you have a real driving adventure. 

This is the street that we live on.

I drive these S-curve streets daily.

1 comment:

  1. It scared me the first day we were there, but both you and Darin do it so well, that pretty soon it became just a routine part of the drive. I just loved the villages and all the adventure of getting from one place to another. That parking right in the lane was quite a surprise though.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete