Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Deutsch Dienstag-Apple Picking

**I know that it is a day past Dienstag, but hey, I'd meant to get it posted.
 
We have a massive apple tree in our backyard. Our little neighbor let Darin use his apple picker.  It is a long stick and on the end is a little bag and some hooks.  You put the hooks over an apple and pull and the apple falls into the little bag.  So handy!  Now what do I make with tons of ugly, sour apples? 
They are fine tasting, but Davis refuses to try them, he prefers store bought apples because they are shiny and covered in wax.
 
Noah's job is to take the apples out of the little bag and put them into his bag.
 


Looking for red ones, which are actually pretty hard to find on our tree.

1 comment:

  1. Last year, I put my apples thru the food processor and grated them in quantities for apple cake (Mom's recipe) so that I could make it any time. You don't even have to peel them. I just got some given to me by my brother. I sliced some of them and cooked them and added some sugar and cinnamon. Going to make some apple crisp too. good luck.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete