I hate to be cold. I feel like I am freezing all of the time. In my house and outside. IN MY HOUSE. Freezing. Snow started in December, then by Christmas we were having a heatwave and up to 45. January comes and the snow and freezing temps start. Of course Darin was gone for a couple of weeks and it snowed every day. I shoveled every day. We even had church cancelled. Now as February has started it has been raining. Enough rain that there isn't any snow anywhere. Everyday rain and lots of wind. I'd rather it snowed.
The crazy thing about the Germans is that they always open their windows to "air out the house." I am OK with the airing out, if it is summer. I am not OK with making my house even colder. German houses have radiators and they don't blow air, so it is necessary to open the windows to prevent mold? or illness? or (in my opinion) warmth. I am always amazed to walk by a house that has every.single.window.open. and it is below freezing. Hardy Folks these Deutchers.
| This is NOT my house. My windows are closed. |
I guess that is just the price I pay to live in Europe...I know, rough.

It's also the price you pay for having 0% body fat. :) If I had your metabolism, I'd bake every day too, and not just to warm up the house.
ReplyDeleteI've been watching your weather all winter on my phone app. I was surprised that you have been very similar to Seattle weather, except for a few weeks when you got MUCH colder than us (and we didn't get any snow this year). Hope you start to warm up soon!
I thought it was cold in your house in August/September, but it is a large house with high ceilings. I'm with you on keeping the windows closed. I'm sure you have to use your dryer now, and if I remember, the window has to be open to vent it. Brrrrr! Hope you have two Snuggies - one for back and one for front.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, spring is not too far away.
Love, G. Allred