Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Birthdays Times 5


In the middle of life, travel, moving, movers, moving, Darin's horrible school and work schedule, and homework we had a few birthdays.  They weren't forgotten, but I did growl about the timing of them.  Once upon a time I thought that having spring babies was a fantastic idea.  I always said that if I only got three month off without being pregnant, I was choosing summer!  Then, when it was too late, I realized that the spring is a very busy time in my life.  We celebrated, but I made myself crazy.  I am happy to have them all over with.  At the same time, I am so, so sad that my little guys are growing up so quickly.  I love this life and I am going to miss having them little.  As I watch Davis getting older, I realize that time is passing quickly and I am trying to enjoy this time even more.

I realized that Noah was having a birthday two days after we were returning from our Spain trip.  So, while on our trip, I used our spotty internet and planned a party with friends for 2 days after.  I put each of his older brothers each in charge of a "Winter Olympics" themed game.  He got a "snow cake" with a snowboarder. 

This kid has the sweetest face!  He is smart and feisty.  He is my buddy and so much fun to have with me all of the time.



Christians birthday came during spring break when everyone was gone except us.  We celebrated at home and then he had a party about a week later with his friends.  I was so happy that he was past the themed birthday party cakes.  When I asked him what kind he wanted he didn't know...no surprise with Christian.  I made him a chocolate mousse crunch cake.  

Another Teenager!  Christian is such a sweet boy.  He is helpful and a very hard worker.  He has gotten to be quite goofy, but that comes with 7th grade, so it wasn't his fault.


Jag and Anya had a birthday the day before our trip to Budapest.  Anya didn't have a party, but was invited to Jag's.  Jag had a party at the Wildpark near our house a week later.  Everything was out of our house by then so it had to be a "location" party.


My FIRST princess cake.


Jag's cupcakes for school.  He will get his cake on his party day.

I Love my little princess.  She is in charge of her boys.  She has such a tender heart and can't stand it if someone is upset with her.  She is very smart and a great mommy to all of her babies. 


My 2 Birthday Kids!  First thing in the morning Anya came running out of her room and said, "It is my birthday what do you say to me?"  When I said Happy Birthday! She responded with, "Where are the party hats?  You have to have party hats for a birthday."  Luckily I had a package in the cupboard, because I didn't know that rule.
 

Jag's Cake for his party

Jag has a quiet and reserved personality.  Talk to him about animals or birds and he will talk for hours.  He loves animals!  He has such a tender heart.  He is sweet and loving .  He laughs easily.  He and Noah are the very best of friends.


Party friends at the Wildpark.

Davis' birthday came the day after we got home from Budapest and the day before the movers came.  Our house was crazy and we were running around on only 3 hours of sleep.  (Getting ready for a move is a pain.)  Fortunately it was Davis' birthday and he was understanding.  About 9 PM we finally stopped for a minute to open gifts, sing, and eat cake.  When I asked him what kind he wanted he picked a simple cheesecake.  2 of them.  One for him to eat without sharing and one for everyone else.  So thoughtful.

Davis asked for a German Blashorn (I'll have to check with him on what it is called.)  We got a deal and got one for Christian as well.  It is like an over sized German Bugle.  My house is a marching band just ready for a spontaneous  parade to happen.

15!! HOW? Davis is a really good kid.  He is smart and funny.  He loves to learn about everything.  He is a slob and doesn't care.  He is obsessed with learning new instruments and is a one-man-band!  If this is teen-life, it isn't going to be too bad. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a busy and great month of May for the Fawcetts! Love the pictures - and the kids in them. We can hardly wait to see all of you.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete