Monday, November 16, 2009

Bad Mom

I am diligent with sunscreen in March. Vigilant in April and May. Adamant in the summer months. But by November, I have forgotten the fight. I have either lost or run out of sunscreen. I just can't remember, in November, to grab the sunscreen before leaving the house. Therefore, I am a bad mom as evidenced by my constantly sunburned kids. Grrr. I hate the fact that I just can't remember, weekend after weekend.

Trying to redeem myself, when the boys cry for aloe, I am good enough to take care of the burn after the neglect of the day.


4 comments:

  1. Sunscreen? What's that!? :-)

    (Of course, I'm not exactly sure what a "sunburn" is either. Especially a "sunburn in November." HUH!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. Brooke is most likely to suffer an outbreak of moss this time of year.

    In PR, we always kept sunscreen in the car. Sounds like it's time for a little tube o' lotion to take up permanent residence in the trunk.

    That's a wicked burn! Poor boy. But that does NOT make you a bad mom. Now, if he got burned while you were combing the fringe on your rugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, imagine having to worry about sunburn in November!! How would that be??? We're worrying about freezing to death here in Utah. The high today was 40 degrees - are you jealous? I did bundle up and take my walk though. Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're a bad mom, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete