When I walked in the house Noah came running out yelling "I'm a bird, I'm a bird." He had decorated his body to be more birdlike except he made his legs look like a robot's. He was grinning and wanted me to take his picture. He refused to see why he would be in trouble or let me wash the bird off of him.
Even after I was home, he modified his bird face to make it better. I wasn't even playing the french horn, but I was talking to the horn player about babysitting responsibilities... yep, I'm a great example.
And to think that he does this transformation without help or the use of a mirror.
The markers say WASHABLE, but they really aren't. He let me try to rub him clean after Jag told him that the Kindergartners would laugh tomorrow, but I still can't get the bird off of my boy.

Hmmm . . . sounds like french horn players make about as good a babysitter as obsessive soccer players. But their rates are right, so we keep "hiring" them.
ReplyDeleteYou should know, this never ends. He'll be doing kooky things like this when he's 40. Lamaze breathing, mom...
ReplyDelete