Thursday, June 24, 2010

Memorial Day

My 5 boys!



We went to Canyon Lake for Memorial Day. It will be one of our favorite places. We only drove about 30 minutes and ended up at the Randolph AFB area. An area of the lake just for military-Thank you! The water was warm and the sun was hot. The boys had a fantastic time swimming and playing. Anya and I just sat under an umbrella and enjoyed the scenery. It was quickly determined that 1) We should have found this place last summer when we got here 2) We will definitely be buying watercraft/jet skis when Darin gets home and 3) We want to stay in the little shacks as soon as possible.

*On a side note: we will also be reapplying sunscreen at shorter intervals. Playing in the water with all that sun...bad news. My oldest 2 boys got their first real sunburns. They included blisters, crying, and eventually peeling. A bad mom moment, but hey I was worried about the little ones. I told them, they just didn't listen and I didn't push it. It was a lesson learned.


The boys

Sleeping beauty. She looks bigger than she really is in this picture.

Here is one of her feet compared to my thumb. She's a tiny girl.

2 comments:

  1. Sunscreen is for wimps! (Just kidding!) :-)

    That lake sounds awesome. There is simply nothing better than spending a hot summer day lounging and playing in water. Oh, how I miss our Incirlik pool days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, in Seattle they call sunscreen "nine months of rain". Look at that tiny baby! And I'm loving that name!

    ReplyDelete