Davis turned 12. I can't believe that my little guy has grown up so quickly. He wanted to have an Amazing Race birthday party. It was a lot of work to put together, but with Darin's help, we got it done. There were 12 kids running our race in 100 degree weather. Seriously, it was so very hot that day (our AC went out that night).
Here is his cake. His invitations looked like this as well, but did say The Amazing Race.
Here is an amazing member of the blue team.
The starting line. The teams are ready to run!
Some of the tasks, roadblocks, and detours required the teams to Slurp Jello, collect random items via scavenger hunt, run through a sports obstacle course, decorate cupcakes, and transport worms (overcooked spaghetti) using only their hands.
Jello slurping was very messy.
It was a fun and crazy party. Davis and teammate Cooper were the winners and received 25cents in chocolate pennies...big prize. I was glad that it all came together as I'd hoped, but I was even happier that it was the last party for almost a year. Man, these birthday's really wear a mom out.
**If anyone wants to have their own Amazing Race, I'll be happy to share the exact clues etc.

You are so clever and so creative!! Are you sure we are relatives??? It looks like lots of fun for the kids. Nice to have a warm day for the celebration. Here in Utah we celebrate if it ever gets warm.
ReplyDeleteLove, G. allred