Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mother's Daughter


I am my mother's daughter. 
 My hands are skinny and bony just like hers. 
Our hair dye is almost the same "natural" color.
We can do anything.
We are the funniest and smartest people that we know.
Crafty (ish). Creative (definately).  Festive (to a fault, is that possible?).
We can throw anything in the direction of a trash can and make it...usually.
We love chocolate and chick flicks.
We think hot fudge is the perfect breakfast food.  (that may just be me)
We usually do 50 things at a time.
Sometimes we are called clumsy, but only by the mean and laughing people.
Sometimes when we move too fast and do too much we end up looking clumsy, but it is really wasn't our fault.
I may or may not have slammed my face in the rear van hatch, causing great pain and slowly blackening eyes.  One of the boys should have grabbed some of the groceries from my hands.
It wasn't my fault. 
I am my mother's daughter. 
(We can totally blame this clumsy gene thing on grandma, right mom?)

I love you mom!!
I miss you terribly.

Happy Mother's Day!

San Antonio river walk

2 comments:

  1. Now, Jess, I loved the blog right up until the "blame it on grandma" part! Me, clumsy???? Well, yes, sometimes. I'm the one who scraped her finger this morning putting things in the fridge! Better invest in some cute sunglasses (with plastic lenses).
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost as good as the time that you caught your hair (also inherited from your mom, I see) in the leaf blower. :)

    ReplyDelete