Wednesday, January 16, 2013

December In Pictures

Noah's Kindergarten singing at our local Christmas Market.

Noah with his 2 buddies Marlon and Valentin (both in blue coats).  These are the boys that he has "play dates" with.  It is my turn to host, but I just can't do it yet.  What if the moms stay and want to hang out for 2 hours with me struggling to speak to them and homework and dinner aren't getting done?!  I know it is an excuse for my lack of language skills.  Both are nice boys.

Jaggy eating Heart waffles on a stick.  A delicious Christmas market treat.
Saint Nickolas

See how tall and thin this St. Nickolas is?  There isn't any order to handing out packages to the kinder.  Everyone just gathers around him while he stand and hands stuff to whichever kid is closest.

Dipping chocolates

Tasty messes.



Trier Christmas Market.  Looks like I didn't have my camera when we saw the Elf's Red Light District or I was advised by my legal council that I shouldn't take pictures of naughty elves.

December 6th is Saint Nickolas day in Germany.  You leave your shoes out and wake up to treats in them if you've been good.  If you are bad, then you get a potato or a switch (stick for beating) in your shoe.  Davis was sneaky and left out 2 shoes, one downstairs and one upstairs.  He got a large eye-filled potato upstairs and a treat downstairs.  The favorite trick is for one of the boys to replace a brother's treat with an onion or potato. 



Band Concert.  Christian got 'Beginning band musician of the quarter', he plays trumpet and Davis plays the French horn.
Trains.  Notice how large and symmetrical Christian's train (?) is.  It is so very him.



The Christmas eve pajamas.  Of course I was up the night before and even 3 hours before this picture finishing them.  Every year I wonder why I started this tradition, then the kids get so excited and I think I'll do it another year.
My Favorite Pictures from Christmas Morning!
Davis and his snare drum.  The noise just added to our chaos.

Jag didn't (still doesn't) take his hat off.

Christian

Noah and his strumphosen.  Basically these are boy tights that all the kids wear under their clothes at the school.  We've been teasing Noah that Santa was going to bring him some.  His reaction was perfect.  He is perfectly certain that he will never wear them.  Thankfully they are just navy and Anya can use them one day.  That Santa is a funny man.

And that is Christmas!









2 comments:

  1. I had some comments for a lot of your great pictures, but I can't remember any of them now because my mind is still reeling . . . A SNARE DRUM!?!?!

    I guess I can scratch "stay at the Fawcetts" off my vacation plans. Goodness, you are one brave, crazy mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved, loved, loved the pictures! I have to agree with Brooke - except I'd still like to come again! How long has Davis played the drum?? Sounds like Christian is still setting the standard high!! Glad you had a nice Christmas.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete