Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Argostoli, Greece- Perfect Beach Day

Now THIS was the Greece I was looking for.  We took taxis' to the best beach in the area and we were thrilled with what we found.  Clear, blue water, sand, beach chair, sun-what more is there?  Nice cold drink with ice maybe, but ice doesn't exist in Europe so really nothing more could have made me happier.  This was the day that the kids loved the most on our vacation.
 
Look!  My skin is the color of the sand. 
I must be living in Germany where the sun usually hides behind the rain clouds.
 
 
 
Overlooking the beach umbrellas.
 
Leslie and I found our yellow chairs and plopped ourselves happily down for the day.  We got there early enough that we beat any crowds that would come later and got our pick of chairs.
 
My family in Greece.  Wouldn't be a family picture if Davis wasn't making a dumb face.
 
Leslie and Mia
 
Jag showing off his muscles.
 
All kids instantly went into the water.  It was actually much colder than I would have liked.  I am kind of picky about my water temps and this was too cold for me, but the kids didn't even notice.
 
Christian would beach himself in the sand and then wait for the waves to take him out.
 
 
Cousins!  These 3 loved playing together. 
 Jag said that our trip was made much better by being with family.
 
 
 
 
Noah spent a large chunk of his time doing this over and over again. 
Roll in the sand then run and swim in the water.  We were cleaning sand out of everything for a long time.
He said that he was making strumpfhosen (boy tights that the Germans wear all winter long with or without pants over the top) and laughing.  He hates the things and never would wear them. 
 
Darin throwing me into the water!  OK maybe he was just saving me from the wave that was trying to knock me over.  I was clinging to him like a cat in the water.  It does look like he was about to toss me.
 
 
Check this off my bucket list.  Hubby and Greece.

 


Leslie enjoying the beach and her book.
 
What was I thinking?  Sand, wind, hair, dum dum sucker.
 
Anya and her daddy.
 
TOES! 
I have a confession, I hate toe pictures.  I hate it when people post pictures of their ugly feet enjoying the sun and the sand.  I always look at the pictures and think, "Really?  You want everyone to see those toes?"  Then I'd think to myself, "At least my toes all line up right.  I could show my toe pictures."  Well I was wrong about a few things.  Toes just really want to be photographed when they are at a beach!  You almost can't help yourself...see I did.  Second, toe pictures never look good.  Look at mine, I kind of look like I'm sporting "cankles" here and my feet aren't pretty even if the toes line up.  Now I get the toe pictures...you just can't help it despite the fact that feet aren't pretty.
 
Sorry if I secretly judged your toes.

 

 
Speaking of feet, I once had this biker dude follow me around a grocery store (scared me to death) finally to stop me and tell me what beautiful feet I had.  True story. 




 

 

 

 



 

 

 
 



1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! The water is so blue and it looks like everyone had a good time. Speaking of feet - at least you have 10 toes, unlike some people! Did you get sunburned???
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete