Friday, August 9, 2013

Davis' Ambitious Summer List

Whenever I see Davis on YouTube I know that there is something in the works.  He made a summer list of things to accomplish.   You can teach yourself anything while watching YouTube. He is grand in his thinking for this summer and has spent many hours annoyingly learning to annoy us more than ever.

His list includes things like:

*Learn to whistle really loud. [not too successful]

*Learn to make 3 different bird calls using only hands. [way too successful]

*Play Amazing Grace on the harmonica. [actually not as bad as it sounds]

*Juggle [still on the list]

*Learn to make music with a plastic cup.  I know that he calls it something, but really it is just a lot of clapping, banging, tapping, and flipping of a plastic cup for at least 10 minutes at a time.  [passing fad?]

*Throw a playing card hard enough to stick into a potato [marked up the potato, and at least one brother]

He has also done the following with his summer:

*Read at least 14,000 pages!  (This is not a joke, I totally gave it a good estimation.)

*Spent a week at International EFY near Ulm,Germany.  He even went to his first dance and danced with girls!  from Iceland, Romania, Maldova, and our ward. [There were kids from all over Germany and Eastern Europe.  Even one from Afghanistan.]

*Scout camp for a week in Bavaria.

He has managed to :

*Avoid doing his chores until lunchtime.

*Master various games on the Wii.

*Babysit Anya while playing computer games.

*Re-watch all of the Harry Potter movies.

*Lazily lay around the house.

I think this kid is ready to start High School!  What more could a kid cram into one summer?  I don't think I want to find out.

 EFY

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Davis!!
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME list! And he is easily the cutest boy in those pictures. I bet all the girls were wanting him for their EFY Crush. (Do they do EFY Crushes in the international camps? It is a big deal at BYU EFY).

    I'm totally hoping to send Micah to an EFY in Europe in a year or two. If you guys are still over there, they can go together!

    ReplyDelete