Monday, May 5, 2014

Southern Spain- Part 2 The bull in Rhonda

Rhonda is part of what is called the White Hills of Spain.  It has Spain's first bull ring and a neat gorge/bridge area.  The bull fights are in June, July, and September so the ring was empty.  As part of our tour of the ring they allowed the kids to run and play in the ring.  I think they played for at least an hour and it will be one of their favorite memories of the trip.  This was our only gray day with a few raindrops, it wasn't terrible.
Called the White Hills because there are entire villages with all white houses.  I don't know why.



Davis and Christian played frisbee everywhere we went.

He climbs everything!

All of the orange trees were so tempting to Jag.  He wanted an orange from a tree so badly.  Despite the fact that I explained all oranges come from trees...it was the thought of picking one. Every orange was just out of his reach.  Every time.



It was hard to get a decent picture of the bridge, but it was very impressive.  It would be more impressive if I could remember any details about it.  I think it is pretty old.


  

 



Noah ran like a bull for a very long time.  He still runs like a bull when he is mad- charging every brother is a favorite and effective fighting technique.

I love my family!  Goof balls.

more frisbee playing


The chutes that the bulls run through to get into the ring.

Sorano ham?  These legs hang all over the place.

Still trying to get an orange for Jag...




1 comment:

  1. That bridge gives me the heebie-jeebies!!

    How did Darin get such goof ball kids?!? (Just kidding, I know exactly how they got to be so goofy.) :)

    Nice air on that jump, Davis!

    And you know that we would totally be walking down the street, gnawing on a hunk of that ham. Give us any random local food & we'll devour it!

    ReplyDelete