Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Southern Spain Part 4-Costa del Sol

The parts of Spain that we wanted to visit and  see were kind of spread out.  We based out of a beach town on the med and then drove everywhere we wanted to go.  It seemed Ok on paper when I was planning it but everything was about 1-2 hours drive away.  Not really too bad, but everyday driving an hour and a half to see a really neat church then drive an hour and a half back makes the day long.  The kids had a tiny portable DVD player that they would all crowd around for our drive home (the battery wasn't long enough to allow them to watch both directions).  We wanted to see a few more cities, but the thought of 5 hours in the car in one day just to do it again the next day was too much to consider.  We thought of taking the ferry ride over to Africa, but we just didn't have enough time to do everything that we would have liked.  Maybe another time. 

After being out one day we rushed back to our town, Torremolinos near Malaga, to play on the beach.  It wasn't beach weather in my opinion, but the kids didn't care.

I still found it crazy that I could walk home from the local grocery with my swine leg in hand.



Street signs in Spanish and Arabic

Playing on the beach at  sunset




More frisbee

No matter how many times I told them not to get wet, they ran back in the second I turned around.




Wet up to his waist

 Walking through the town of Torremolinos after playing on the beach we came upon Mr. Fish offering a 2 for 1 deal.  Davis has talked about getting fish to clean his feet since we were in Greece last year.  I knew it was on his "Bucket List" and so we had a date.




Finally able to hold still for a picture.  Such a fun memory for me and my boy.

1 comment:

  1. Those fish photos have got to end up on your wall! If Darin can deal with a picture of you in a bathing suit up there, surely he can handle one of your naked feet being eaten by fish. You are so crazy funny! (I would've gladly eaten those nasty little buggers before I let them gnaw on my feet.)

    ReplyDelete