Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gripes

Gripe1:
I just don't know that I am cut out to be Primary President. I am not sweet, soft-spoken, jumper wearing...you know the ultimate Primary President. I am struggling to keep up with everything. I have too many phone calls with too many "helpful suggestions" to make primary better. I have a chorister that shoots daggers from her eyes. And complaints abundant, because change is hard. After a run-in with the Activities Chair (aka: porcupine in a plaid jumper) I was sure that I should be release and someone else put in. I just am not quite the President that I should be.

Gripe 2:
Thanks to Jaylynn, I am obsessed with felt. Projects and distractions to keep me from doing what I really should be doing. I was just thinking that I have so much spare time, I really need to sew a few things out of felt. I can't help myself and I just can't stop. Thanks Jay, at least Noah will be thankful for this obsession when his birthday comes.

I guess that is all the gripes for now. Time to quit answering the primary phone calls and start sewing again. I will get the window in the playhouse today.... I need a support group for those addicted to felt.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the "help" you get when you're in leadership. Give your cell number to the bishop and your counselors with the injunction that it never, no never, no never be given to anyone else -- and turn off your phone. Let the machine pick up, screen your calls, and ignore 90% of them.

    I'm serious about this.

    And what's with the chorister? Did she want to be president? Cuz I'm sure some arrangement could be made...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Isn't it lovely the people we get to interact with in church callings? All types. I do love your descriptions of primary presidents though, jumper and all (glad to hear you don't wear one).

    2. You may have already seen one of these but since you mentioned felt, you might be interested in what my sister-in-law did fairly recently with it: http://www.speedypixel.com/2009/10/claires-new-house.html . Her daughter is just a few months younger than Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. younger than Noah is what I meant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathe...you have caller ID. You will use it, love it, and survive...

    No, who am I kidding? You will THRIVE! (Uh, in case you haven't noticed, you're awesome!)

    Be the president you are, not the president you think you "should" be. God wanted you--not the jumper.

    Sorry...can't help you with the felt addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- what do you make out of felt?

    Your ward must take primary a heck of a lot more seriously than mine does. I'm sure you are just what they need there, Jessica. Keep on keepin' on! (I wish I could come be your chorister... I love that calling.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice from Alisa. Just be yourself. You were called for NOW, not THEN. I was both ward and stake YW president, as well as Stake RS president. I had advice by letter once which I found pretty easy to ignore. These leadership positions are not something you campaign for, but fortunately the help -- the real help -- comes from above. Good counselors are so great, too. Just keep going!! Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete