I love the fact that so many of our friends end up in Texas. We are able to get together with friends from our Turkey days, have old friends from both Arizona and Turkey moving to the area this summer, and we are looking forward to more visits. Texas is both large and small. This past weekend some friends that we knew from Turkey came for a visit. They have found themselves in Texas (Dallas area) due to less-than-desirable circumstances (husband away for a year),but we were able to benefit from their current situation. Texas is turning into a small little world of its own. I like the benefits that come with living in this small world, namely the visits.
Alisa and her children came for some running, playing, visiting, lots of talking, and we had a fabulous all around time. We were even able to pull in another common friend (and ward member of mine) for dinners, laughs and catching up time. Another perk of Texas.
I didn't take many pictures. I guess that I was just too busy sitting and visiting. Just the way it should be. I even enjoyed, thanks to Darin the babysitter, a girls night out. I don't remember the last time girls night didn't involve a church meeting or mutual. This was dinner, a real luxury.
I hope that our paths continue to cross with so many loved friends. This is a part of Texas that is just bonus. I didn't see it coming at all, but I love the smallness of this state.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks again for having us!
ReplyDelete(And you DEFINITELY need to convince Chasta to choose your area!!)