Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Last Week of School/The First Week of Life

The last week of school and the first week of Anya's life unfortunately happened at the same time. Darin was still wrapping up some last minute items at work and so little Anya and I were the cheerleaders for our boys and their activities. Noah tagged along as well, and was great at anything that required clapping. These are the last "Hoooraaah's " of the school year!


Davis and Mrs. Gaytan at the 5th grade honors night.
The spring band concert. Fabulous french horn action was going on. He even played a solo in between the 6th grade songs.

Kindergarten Graduation. Jag and Mrs. Dickson. She fought me for the entire year because I pulled him out 1/2 day. I let him go full time starting the end of April, I am sure she thought that she'd won the fight.


Third Grade Awards program. Christian got the Patriot Award for being nearly perfect in every way! He is a dream student (as are his brothers). He is in the front row, end, in the green shirt.
We also went to the Intermediate School talent show. Davis played his horn. I don't have a picture because he was so nervous I couldn't see his face. He put the music stand right at face height and hid behind it while playing "O, Canada!" Darin, who came straight from work and was in full USAF uniform... found the selection choice funny. Davis can play "America the Beautiful," but he loves his Canadian song. (Talent show was on Davis's birthday, double whammy.)

We also finished up the baseball season. It was a successful season. Davis was recognized for being the fastest kid ever. His coaches enjoyed having him steal bases at crazy times. Like right before the pitcher stepped on the mound to pitch... SAFE!


What a busy last week of school we had. Why did the school's save everything until the last week anyway? We're just really glad that it is all over. I kept saying that Anya needed to come out before the last week of school because there was just too much to do. Fortunately, she listened.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a busy time! No wonder Anya cries now that nothing exciting is going on. This girl likes action. Hope you are finding time for a little rest now.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I think you've reached the PINNACLE of motherhood perfection, you go and have a week like this. Geesh. The rest of us lame-o moms look for ANY excuse to get out of middle school band concerts and end-of-season team parties, but you not only go (WITH newborn in tow), you actually remember to bring a camera and snap a few picture.

    For the record, when MY #5 child is born, I'll be using that as an excuse to skip every function for the next 6 months. No "Winter Celebration" concerts for me this year. Hallelulah!!

    And incidentally, I'm also quite fond of "O Canada." Go Davis! :-)

    ReplyDelete