After fudge, truffles, caramels, cranberry and banana breads, dipped pretzels, coconut mounds balls (sounds delicious), and ginger snaps I was ready to start packing and giving. That is a lot of making in just 4 days! I have been hesitant to make and give treats and breads here because the German bakeries are everywhere and delicious. Then I realized that what I do is totally different, so I am over it and back to giving it all away.
We had a nice week because we didn't have to go to base too many times. Davis just walked to the library and did homework until it was basketball time and then Darin took him. I really liked not having to do one more thing.
It has rained a lot this week. The river from our village down 10 km has all flooded its banks. Instead of fields of green we have a lake which the boys are sure is bigger than the one at grandpa Davis' house (Gunnison Res.). We still haven't seen any snow much to my little guys' dismay. I keep telling them that snow isn't all that great. But because Jag and Noah have never lived with it, they just are sure it will be wonderful. Saturday we saw a car with snow on it and had to go in search of where the snow was. We found it just a few minutes over the mountain, but no snow in our village or anywhere else. Jag wants to move from our village to the one that gets snow. The first time that he slips and falls I expect him to start cursing the snow. It is just like our squirrels in Texas. So cute at first, but then as soon as they started to eat his garden, that's it we should poison them.
Darin and I had 2 dates this week. He had work parties both Friday and Saturday. Davis was left to babysit all of the kids both nights. It is so very nice to have finally grown our own babysitter and to be able to go out without any kids. Friday was just at the Boss's house on base. Lots of drinking and talking. Saturday was the work party at the Burg Lichtenberg. A party in a castle totally trumps most office parties, in my opinion. We could have taken kids, but really when you don't have to why would you? Actually, the boys would have been fine, but Anya would have been terrible. We had dinner and a gift trade. I ended up with a large glass head...Darin said it is going in the recycling tomorrow.
| Such shiny faces! |
| Where was your Christmas Party? |
| Darin and Davis at the Frankfurt temple. |
| She stacks everything. |
| Noah and his cookie house made in kindergarten. He made me take a picture before he allowed himself to eat the gummy bears off of it. |

I sure wish I was there to help you decide which was the best fudge recipe. Although if you've been reading DeNae's blog, you'll have plenty of suggestions for how to use it all up. :)
ReplyDelete