Monday, March 26, 2012

Somedays I Want to be Darin

Darin has been having fun without me.  I really isn't fair!

On Friday he had a "Staff Ride"  which I prefer to call Field trip, to Bastogne, Belgium, it was a Battle of the Bulge (Band of Brothers) tour.  He took Davis and Christian and they left for a day of looking at battlefields and talking about strategy.  Darin works with a man who has really studied the area and gave the office an amazing tour.  The lover of all things WWII, just couldn't get enough. 

I sat at home and had a normal day with the rest of the kids.




Everyone with an American WWII vet that they ran into while at a Belgium museum.
The boys in a foxhole.

At a German cemetary.  Each headstone is for 5-6 men.
So that was what Darin did on Friday. 

On Saturday he went with Davis and the scouts to bike along the Rhine River.  They went from Mainz to Rudesheim, about 23-28 miles (or maybe it was kilometers, I don't know).  It was long enough that by lunch time the boys were having troubles sitting and Davis thought our chairs were too hard that night.


Davis and his buddies Carter and Ridge.


I went shopping and cleaned the house.  Errands.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Such a great father/son experience! Don't envy sitting on a butt-killing seat for such a long ride.
    Love, G. allred

    ReplyDelete