The French have a way with names...
It is pronounced Beach in French.
In all honesty I had to go to this city because I laughed at the French everytime I thought about it. On our tour of the Citadel, the English (as in The English) speaker pronounced it like you would have thought, so I guess it could be called either one.
 |
| The city is small and doesn't really have much else, but this massive Citadel tops the hill above the city. |
 |
| Another view of the Bitche Citadel. |
Touring the Citadel
 |
| Always posing for the pictures! |
 |
| Noah and Anya. This was a neat entrance tunnel that echoed really well. Much to the dismay of all who came after us. |
 |
| It doesn't matter which country we are in or fabulous site we are at, Noah and Jag are always on the hunt for bugs and rocks. Always. Stand up and look around boys. |
 |
| Touring the underground living areas of the Citadel. They had all the resourced that they needed for living and staying put underground. There was a video tour of the underground that took at least an hour. In true French/European fashion it contained a handful of unnecessary and questionable parts. For the most part it was interesting. |
 |
| Overlooking the city of Bitche. |
 |
| Playing on a cannon of course. |
Oh my goodness, your little fashionista with her stylish scarf is so adorable! Your daughter is so lucky to have a mom who can impart a smart fashion sense and who knows how to match & coordinate. All my daughters learn from me is that black goes with everything.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back with the blog! I check almost every day, and I've been disappointed for quite awhile. Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteThat is like, my dream blog post title. Luckeeee!
ReplyDelete