**Note: I didn't do anything differently...now the pictures will just load. I sent out some emails reguarding how to fix the picture problem, but without response. This time it just worked. Hurray!
Over Thanksgiving we went on a trip to Poland and Berlin. It is a 7-8 hour drive to the town of Boleslaviec, Poland. It isn't too far inside the Polish boarder. We would like to go further in, but that would be something that we'd have to consider flying to. However, Boleslaviec was good enough (maybe just for now). It is a town known for its pottery. It reminded me of the town of Avanos in Turkey, because they get the clay from the river that runs through the town. They make their own pots and then hand paint them all. The primary color of Polish pottery is blue. This was more of a trip for me because I wanted to go shopping, but everyone enjoyed the time. Except maybe Anya.
 |
| Darin enjoys seeing the former Communist countries and the similarities in the large apartment buildings. This one is very colorful. |
 |
| The little ladies hand painting the pots to be fired. I love that each one is an original. |
 |
| Lots of little stores all over the place. Even though they carry similar pots, it is actually hard for me to choose. As you can see, not kid friendly here. |
 |
A local church in the town center.
It took Darin a long time to find someone willing to take our picture. One lady said she couldn't figure out the camera and another just said "No." |
 |
A chilly walk through the town. Not a souviner store in site.
|
 |
| We ate at a local resturant and it was AWESOME! We all loved the Polish food. Darin had rice, meat rolls wrapped in cabbage. |
 |
Everywhere in the town they are displaying their pottery. This is at a round-a-bout in the center. Darin had to go around several times for me to finally get a picture. It was pretty cold and gray while we were there.
|
The pictures were worth waiting for! Loved the colorful buildings and the pottery! I could go crazy over that. I imagine you bought some. The food looked good to. So glad you were able to go.
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred