Monday, January 26, 2009

Never Underestimate A Mother's Influence



Saturday was our Family Movie Night and we were talking about the possible movie choices. I got 2 new movies for Christmas from Darin, West Side Story and Fiddler on the Roof. We decided that it was a West Side Story night. Boys will like the gang "fighting" and I will enjoy the rest. Davis pointed out that he loves Action/War movies and Musicals Best! That's my boy. I have worked hard to balance all the regular "boy" movies with my favorites. The boys have enjoyed Annie, Parent Trap (Haley Mills ROCKS), Sound of Music, Pollyanna, and Mary Poppins. Nothing brings me more joy than Noah singing "Maria..." and the boys dancing like the Jets (or Sharks), of course they are carrying light sabers and swords while doing it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! My kids have totally been indocrinated by mom on musicals. Our favs: Sound of Music, Singing in the Rain, Fiddler, and Grease (yes, I know it's sort of raunchy, but we still love it!).

    We also watch a lot of shows from our generation (Thank goodness for Netflix!). They've seen Smurfs, WKRP in Cincinatti, Mork & Mindy, the old He-Man . . . They just don't make shows like they used to. **Warning: our shows were pretty sleazy. I never realized it until I watched them with my kids. But I figure I turned out alright. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie! It's me, your second cousin once removed! Although I feel more like your aunt, albeit a YOUNG aunt, so we'll go with that!

    Loved this post (as you might imagine). A suggestion for your boys? "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers". You'll love it when your kids start swinging their light sabers and singing "I'm a lonesome polecat". However, you may want to have a little FHE lesson afterward on appropriate dating procedures.

    Met your friend, Brooke. She's great, and it sounds like you're doing great things, too! I'm looking forward to getting to know the "grownup" Jessica via this blog!

    Hugs,
    DeNae

    (Your grandma sent me the link. Love her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DeNae,
    Honestly, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" is going to be our next movie. I LOVE that show.
    Thanks for checking out the blog, mom sent me the link to yours. Yours is so much better to read. I, too, think Brooke is great. I knew that she'd love your blog.
    It is nice to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete