Thursday, October 22, 2009

Every Night

Noah has decided that he would prefer to spend his dinner time in timeout than at the table eating. It doesn't matter what I make, he won't even taste it. Instant hate and nastiness flows out of his mouth as he curses the dinnertime menu! So, Noah spends every meal asking for timeout instead of food. I give him what he wants, and put him on the stairs (timeout) instead of sitting through dinner with him constantly trying to throw his plate of food off the table or at my head. (I'm serious about that and it doesn't go over very well with me.)

Last night when we are rushing through dinner, trying to get to scouts and YW, Noah is in timeout. I watch as he slowly scoots off the stairs, and onto the floor. Then, stealthily spreads out and reaches a nearby toy gun and returns to sitting. As we are clearing the table, I hear the gun clicking a-way then I hear Noah mumble..."I'm pretending to shoot you mom." I think that some counseling and anger management classes may be in our future.

If given his way, Noah would eat cheese, bread, candy corn, and some juice for every dinner.


3 comments:

  1. I just CAN'T imagine where he gets that stubborn streak??? :-P

    You're going to have to locate a 2nd Time Out spot, because Adana will be joining him there frequently. She is also a bear at dinner time. She hasn't threatened to shoot me (yet), but she does frequently slam the door and yell that I'm not her mom anymore (as if, at that moment, I really want to be).

    Do me a favor and give the poor boy his candy corn. Tell him his new best friend Brooke said it was OK. We'll chow down on it together in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!!! Recycled as in a Jedi-pirate? I can't believe that dorky Lion suit made it through another year and another move! At least it's sewn well. I only ever had the choice of being a 1)Hobo (I think they're called homeless or vagrants now) 2)A gypsy (possibly homelss and vagrants also) think mason jar rings for earrings and a large skirt or 3) Clown, mish-mash of odd clothing and a painted face. This is why I now make everything from hammer-head shark to Knigh of Anubus for costumes. Childhood hangs on forever... Don't worry boys, next year I'll call in August and start sewing great and original costumes-at least nobody will recognize you in those re-cycled get-ups!!!

    ReplyDelete