Monday, December 14, 2009

We Love Santa!

Santa came to our ward party (which Darin declared was one of his favorites due to the tamales), and I couldn't wait to show Noah. He had talked of Santa, seen pictures of him, but has never really seen him. I told Noah that Santa would come to the party and that we would tell him what he wanted. He had to think about what to tell Santa. I listed off every present that he will be getting only to have him tell me NO he didn't want that. So much for fulfilling his dreams. He finally decided that he wanted Playdough (Hurray for the last minute stocking stuffer).

Santa walked into the party and circled the room with kids following him. Noah was right there. He kept yelling "Santa, Santa." He ran up to him and touched his belly..."Hi, Santa." Nothing but smiles. We waited in line and finally it was his turn....


I threw him on the Santa's lap and laughed while grabbing my camera. I don't know what changed, but this was too close for Noah's comfort! (FYI: Jag stood in line and told everyone that it wasn't a real Santa. Oh the wisdom of the kindergartner!)

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!!! This photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to threaten the kids with taking them to LIVE with Santa. I'm telling you, nothing gets a room clean faster than the possibility of having to spend a year on that lap.

    This, however, is also further reason why Santa stays at the North Pole. His self-esteem can't take the rejection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing and smiling!!! This is awesome! I love that you were laughing as you grabbed your camera. John and I find ourselves laughing more than being too sympathetic in situations like these. AHHHHH, I love it. Jag letting everyone know that this wasn't the "real" Santa is priceless too! Merry Christmas guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Noah! Can't say I blame him.

    ReplyDelete