Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Fortune Teller


We are all familiar with the origami fortune teller of our childhood. You know the one that has colors, then numbers, then fortune. Jag found an old one of Christians (3rd graders LOVE to make these things) and asked me to play. First I pick 3- "1-2-3" Next I pick RED- "r-e-d" Next I pick 9- Here comes my fortune! "You are on the biggest loser." I look at Jag, who is laughing, and ask "What was that?"

"It's a good one mom. It fits you."

"What was that, JAG?"

"Well mom, you are really fat. Biggest losers are really fat like you."

"JAG..." Next follows a lecture, just for my own self-esteem, about being pregnant and gaining wait without being able to help it. Those donuts I craved for 2 months, I am sure had nothing to do with me being fit for biggest loser.

Just a hint... Don't pick #9 or let a 5 year old tell you your fortune.

1 comment:

  1. HA! It serves you right for watching that horrid show. I can't believe you made me watch it.

    But you are absolutely right in setting him straight on the "pregnancy is not the same as being fat" issue. Your future daughters-in-law will thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete