Monday, March 29, 2010

How Many?

How many eggs am I required to let 4 eager boys dye? I can't do 1 dozen, 3 lame eggs would be...lame. But, I can't do 4 dozen. I can't stand the thought of opening the fridge to the smell of farts for weeks. And another thing, only 3 boys eat eggs. How long will it take those egg-eaters to down our colored collection? Too Long.

What can I make with boiled eggs? How can I balance the egg coloring fun with the egg eating not-so-fun?

This is what is on my mind until Friday when we have to color the eggs. How many eggs is too many eggs?

My life is really busy right now, can you tell? I am focusing all my brain power on something that doesn't matter just to avoid all that does. Denial is where I choose to live.

5 comments:

  1. I say 6 eggs each, it's an easy number to do with dozens of eggs. Even serious egg lovers can't choke down more than 6. I usually boil a dozen more for Deviled Eggs which we all like. I hope your skills have improved since you were a kid, nobody likes impromptu camo eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a craft project, not a culinary experience!

    I feel that a family is under some obligation to eat SOME of the hardboiled Easter eggs. But it's okay if some go in the trash. If Noah comes home from nursery with a macaroni necklace, do you cook those noodles for his lunch the next day?

    I think your mom is right--6 eggs each!

    But definitely continue the internal debate if you the mental escape!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing, I obsess over this issue every year. So after reading your post it's been weighing on my mind ;) I think I'm going to let the girls color till their hearts are content w. a 3 doz. limit, then let them take them to some "grandma's" in our ward! They'd love to have colored eggs in their fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a grandma myself, I hope no one brings me any boiled eggs! However, I think 3 eggs each is enough, then buy the plastic eggs you can fill. That way, you're done - or you can make deviled eggs or potato salad - or -??? I say, let the boys do the boiling, etc and stay off those legs! They don't look like they belong to you.

    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this post! I didn't get to chime in with my suggestion:

    SCREW the whole egg decorating thing! These holiday traditions are stupid anyways!

    ReplyDelete