Friday, March 5, 2010

Random Ramblings

I haven't blogged for a bit because I feel like I either have nothing to say or so much to say that nothing comes out. Either way, nothing really has been happening, although constant thoughts of "I ought to put that on the blog" come to me throughout my day, I just don't.

These are just random thoughts.

I have really, really strange dreams. Strange people doing strange things all combined with primary music in the background. It all means nothing to me, but every morning I wake and wonder WHY did I spend all night doing that.

Noah told Jag that his bum was a weapon. I think that could be true for all boys in my house.

Soccer, baseball and scouts have taken over my life. From now until baby I will live in the car.

Speaking of cars. One day while in the middle of a crazy rainstorm, taking the kiddos to school (we were at the store because Christian remembered last minute he needed to take soda), I closed the van door and it came off in my hands. It was super heavy. I managed to swear and muscle it back into place enough to close part of it and get home. Darin worked on fixing it for days. I drove it one day, then it decided not to start anymore. Now I have a dead van in my front yard. At least the door is shut. Who knows what will come of poor Turk the Octovan.

I have one leg that is larger than the other. I can't even put a shoe on my foot. I am having a case of bad leg veins this pregnancy. I still have long enough to go that I am worried that elephantus will be setting in soon. I am a fine sight to look at. I am just super glad that I am cold all the time instead of hot, because I just can't wear anything shorter than footie PJs.

I am really glad that I won't be seeing any friends or family before I deliver. The last 2 boys I managed to show up, after a long time away, nine months pregnant and the size of a house. Not exactly the impression that I like to give.

I am going to be bigger than ever with this baby. I can't stop eating. I really have NO self control. I have yet to go to the Dr and have them tell me that I only gained 2 pounds. I think that I am going to have to chain up the food by month 8 to insure that I don't weigh more than
Darin.

Jag has become a wonderful reader! I love being able to hand him a book and tell him to read to Noah while I... Finally.

8 almost 9 year old boys cry a lot.

Christian's teeth are coming in horribly. The poor boy has teeth facing in every direction. But he still has a contagious smile.

Should I paint the pink room now or later? After several visitors and several comments, I think it doesn't matter that it is pink and I am having a girl. It is a terrible room.

I look at the pink room as my field of dreams. If you build it she will come. Maybe I'll paint after I see that it is a girl.

Still doubting that I am having a girl. My luck is really, really bad right now. I think that I am going to have a boy, 2 weeks overdue, in the front entry way, and my husband will be gone. We will name him George.

10 almost 11 year old boys are really obnoxious.

Davis and Jag make the most hideous noises. Just random, out of nowhere, honking noises. All the time!

Davis will be a band geek forever. He LOVES, LOVES his french horn. He can talk forever about it. He played Oh Canada a lot during the Olympics. Gold Medal, super, grab the horn.

Noah likes to play the french horn as well. I think I will have a loud house for years to come.

I can't remember most of what I was thinking about. I am losing my mind daily. See mostly just nothingness rattling around in my mind, making my dreams outrageous.

4 comments:

  1. I'm stalking your blog (even though probably as far as you're concerned, we fell off the planet)(which has made me embarassed to speak up and say "hi") but I'm so excited for your families' up and coming event! And as ever, you make me smile and laugh with every thing you say! Congratulations, and just know that we are still loving you and admiring you from the shadows - but not in a creepy way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a crackup! And boo-hoo, you're gaining weight. Have you crested 100 lbs yet you darling, skinny thing??

    You're having a girl. Deal with it. You have my sincerest congratulations and my deepest condolences.

    As for painting, save it for nesting. You'll wake up one night and have no choice but to paint the room. Hormones are crazy chems.

    I love the french horn. Especially when I'm in Las Vegas and it's being played in Texas. It's the same feeling I get for the bagpipes.

    Post pix of your pregnant self! That's an order!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little fat Jessica! I know you're not really fat, but I'm sure you feel fat. I'm so sorry about the leg. Do they have support socks at the maternity dept. of stores?? They do have support socks for men in the pharmacy dept. at Smith's here. Just a little support put on as you get up in the a.m. could make you feel better all day. Regarding Christian's new teeth, just start dropping a $20 in a jar every time you pass it. Then you'll be able to put on those braces. I'm sure you remember those days. If not, I have pictures! Love to all of you. I got Noah's thank you card. Thx
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh.... Not TURK! So the side door just came off in your hands? What? Make that a pre-deployment project to have Darin fix it. Turk is not just any car. It is what I must be chauffeured in when I come to visit.
    and.... Noah is hillarious. If you ever get tired of him, I'll take him. We can swap for Adana.
    Be good to yourself. ~Nate

    ReplyDelete