*I finally have my computer back! It has been a long month and now it is time to start catching up.



*School Mascot is the roadrunner.



Davis decided that he wanted to run for Student Council President at Wilder Intermediate School. So, we started the campaign. We have a teenage friend from church who helped by making his AWESOME posters. Such a help for me! Davis thought that they were the best.
We had to have hand outs (bribes) to give out. Without my computer, we were handwriting hundreds of these fun things. I was happy the election was only a week.
We made him a shirt to wear on the day he gave his speech to the school. I had only bought 1 package of iron-on letters and when I realized that we were really limited by the lack of letters, we had to improvise on our catchy slogan. Short and sweet. The power of suggestion.
I was so proud of Davis. He decided that he wanted to do something and he just did it. He didn't let his fears get in the way. He has a real "go get'um" attitude that I admire. I'd vote for him because I think that he is cute (thinking like a 6th grade girl) and he'd do a great job.
What do you know, I wasn't the only one! Hurray Davis Fawcett, Student Council President!!
Recently I was at his school and it is so funny how many people teachers and students alike, refer to him as only "Mr. President." He was his own kind of rock star. Fortunately he doesn't let it go to his head, or make us call him that at home.

Congratulations, Davis!! I hope you realize what a great campaign manager you had, too. He's my hero too!
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred
I've been thinking about Davis, the French Horn player being a rock star! Quite a picture! It's nice to be a "first".
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred