Sometimes being around my children hurts. Davis was the latest to totally hurt his mom's feelings.
He started laughing during breakfast then said, "Know why I'm laughing?" "You look like Emperor Palpatine. When he is really wrinkly and zapping Mace."
Here I am nicely making his breakfast, reading the Bible, and getting him ready to leave for school. Trying to be a good mom, and he is just RUDE.
I said, "That is probably one of the rudest things anyone has ever said to me. Thanks."
"No, I mean your forehead wrinkles remind me of that."
"You aren't helping yourself Buddy!"
"No, not the really old one, but when he is younger and just really wrinkled."
I think I want to hide!
He tries to tell me that it is OK and that he has these wrinkles too. Yeah, he's 11, wrinkles haven't been introduced to him yet.
I told him that it is his fault that I have been in a constant state of shock and surprise for the last dozen years. That would cause anyone to have a few forehead wrinkles.
Every time I look in the mirror all I see is that horrible Emperor Palpatine!
I am off to either cut drastic bangs to cover my Emperor Palpatine forehead, or cash in my ROTH to pay for Botox, or more likely grab my lightsaber and teach the young one a lesson!
(I am sure that this is somehow Darin's fault. He decided that New Year's Eve should be a Star Wars Marathon until all hours of the night.)


You need to teach that young padawan a lesson he won't soon regret. I suggest you spread Elmers glue all over his face and let it dry, then see how he likes all those wrinkles. (But please - no bangs! Ugh.)
ReplyDeleteYeah, we all learn eventually that our kids are rarely the best sources for self-esteem.
ReplyDelete