Monday, February 7, 2011

We Interupt this Texas Weather for a SNOW DAY!

That is right, I said Snow Day!  We received the offical call at 5 AM from the schools that it was a snow day.  I looked out the window and thought, I don't think that it snowed.  After actually opening a door, I discovered SNOW had fallen.  It has been a long time since snow has fallen where I live.  Everything was cancelled.  Darin got to stay home as well.  ALL of the freeways in San Antonio were closed until noon, when it was expected to be above freezing.  For those in Utah, that is like closing I-15 from Bountiful to the point of the mountain, I-80, I-215, and 21st south.  Nothing was open!  I laughed, but under our quarter inch of snow was some very deadly...ice.  Besides, San Antonio has like 1 plow, and these guys don't know what to do with snow let alone drive in it.




This is a Texas Snow Day!


Darin and his baby.  Yes, you can still see my grass in the background.


Noah's first time with snow. 


The boys were freezing.  Jag was paranoid that the neighbor kids were going to steal our snow. 





A snow man.  Actually an ice man.  Christian roamed the neighborhood scraping all the snow from every driveway to collect enough to make this little guy.  Jag declared it "The largest snow creature ever."  Yep, we have snow.


I took a nap, as Darin said, like a cat, curled up in the sun.  I also made cinnamon rolls and simply enjoyed doing nothing.

Some of the funniest, we don't live where it snows, observations were:  The boys, at least 3 of them, came in just shocked as they said, "This little gloves are soaking wet.  They don't keep the water out or work at all."  Yep, tiny knit "magic gloves" aren't really gloves.  Ice is slippery and makes it hard to run.  Yep.  Sadly, snow melts and we can see our driveway again.  Yep.  The kids were outside for hours.  They only came in to drink cocoa and change out their gloves.  Perfect snow day.

It was 80 degrees on last Sunday.  The front came in and the temps dropped and a snow day happened on Friday.  Saturday was 60 and by Sunday it was back to 75 degrees... and you think you have crazy weather!

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you even own snow clothes.

    And I LOVE the cat nap! Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the snow man! What dedication!!

    Also, what happened to THE BEAST?? Did you replace him with that snazzy shiny minivan??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a snow storm! HAHAHAHAHA It is funny about how people in different parts of the country handle weather!! Its like my brother that lives in California really wants us to go on an Alaskan Cruise with him and I am not interested at all! I tell him all the time I LIVE IN ALASKA! HA

    ReplyDelete