The other burners don't get hot enough. It would take about 35 minutes to get water to boil, set to a 10, on the other burners. I often get it started on "fireball" and then shift it over to the other one to maintain the heat without the burnt taste. The one good thing about the hot burner is that Anya loves eggs! I can scramble an egg in less time than it takes for the toast to pop up. I can have the breakfast on a plate in about 3 minutes. That is awesome.
The electricity in this house is crazy as well. I have a 220v. hand mixer that is able to shoot food to the ceiling while starting to take off at the same time. Even on its lowest speed it sounds like a C-130 (my boys aren't here and I don't even know if that is a real plane, but it sounds like it should be) revving up. I've never turned it all the way up for fear of the splatter. Splatter?...That reminds me of when I worked for 2 weeks at the Iceburg Shake Stand and every night I went home with clothes and body so covered in splattered ice cream that my shirt would stand up by itself and my arm hairs wouldn't even if it were freezing cold. Not a surprise I only lasted 2 weeks.
You should hear the hair clippers when hooked up to the transformer! Wow talk about loud. The boys think that they are going to go deaf while getting a haircut. The price of beauty is high around this house and everything is super charged.

I remember years ago when we went to Europe, I had a hair dryer that could convert to 220v and it sounded like a jet and left my hair like straw! Sounds like that's what you're dealing with. With your busy schedule, you have all the speed you need. Burned is another matter! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred
Do you have a stove in your other kitchen?
ReplyDeleteG. Allred