Sunday, February 26, 2012

Frankfurt Temple

After Darin got home from work on Friday we drove to Frankfurt to visit the temple.  It is about a 2 hour drive from our house.  The temple has "Guest Houses" available for rent.  They are apartment/hotel type rooms.  Ours had 4 sets of bunk beds, a table, and bathroom.  That is pretty much it.  You are responsible for bringing your own bedding, soaps, towels, and entertainment (movies).  They are connected to the temple and at 34 euro for our family, a super awesome set-up.

It was also the first time my feet have been HOT here in Germany.   Darin jokes that I will want to go to the temple in order to get warm.  Definately a draw.


Davis was too cool for a coat...dumb, but cool.



The building on the left is the temple.  The building on the right is the Guest house where we stayed.
Attending a foreign temple has been one of the most amazing and spiritual experiences for me.  I realized that, as I was surrounded by people speaking German, French, and Spanish, what a worldwide religion it is.  People all over the world are working hard to live good lives and want to return to live with our Heavenly Father too.  As I had people speaking both German and French to me (no English) I gained a testimony that in the end it is our own preparation that helps us return to our Heavenly Father.  We must do what we can here on earth to prepare ourselves.  I am grateful for the perspective I have gained. 

In the afternoon, we walked around the little village and found some kabobs and a Turkish market where I could pick up Turkish produce that my cooking had been missing for 4 years.  Another reason to love going to the temple.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Your temple experience sounded so special. I had some of those same feelings when we were in Turkey and they spoke of service missionaries serving in Instabul. Who would have thought??? It truly is a worldwide church. Hope you haven't been stricken with the flu and that the kids are well again.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ~Nathan

    ReplyDelete