Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Unusual Form of German Torture

Rotkohl
(pickled red cabbage)
The worst torture that we could subject our children to.

Jaggy's poor face:

Everyone looks to see who is going to be the first to eat the rotkohl.

They look like they are half way smiling, but they are truly close to tears.
We "enjoy" rotkohl on a regular basis.  All dessert consumption first requires rotkohl consumption.  They gag.  They cry.  They get fed by their father.  They eat.  Except for Noah, who thinks that skipping dessert is OK every once-in-awhile.  Anya LOVES rotkohl.  She honestly can't get enough.

As a kid, I was forced to eat liver on a fairly regular basis.  I survived and find it quite funny to be on the otherside of the torture business.  However, I've never forgotten the food torture, and doubt that the boys will either.

2 comments:

  1. It's not TRUE torture until you make them eat it WITHOUT the promise of dessert. Nothing to wash it down with but a glass of water. And the taste lingering in their mouths all night long. That's the kind of torture I was subjected to as a child - with asparagus. ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Fawcett kids! Grandma wouldn't make you eat it! I also fought cabbage, peas, and liver, but once I grew up I loved cabbage and peas. Liver is another matter - yuk!! Hang in there, kids. You'll grow up too.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete