We had the traditional "how to behave in school" talk this morning with all the regular stuff like, don't talk to your neighbors when the teacher wants to talk, pay attention, and don't poop at school (wait until you get home :) and then do your business). *Yes I tell them that. Christian went to kindergarten for 2 months and I received 2 phone calls from his teacher telling me that he'd been in the 1 stall bathroom for over 20 minutes. She was wondering if everything was OK. I had to get on the phone and growl... wipe and get out! So you see, the poop lecture is necessary, but ends with if you can't hold it, hurry up.
Davis is in an Intermediate School for just 5th and 6th grade. I wanted to wait with him, but I would have been the only parent and didn't want to make a scene. I am most nervous for him. He is so sweet, but reserved and I hope he finds a nice friend.
I have filled my day with errands and Noah. He is missing the boys, but enjoying the only child at the store perks (Skittles). We are both counting down until the boys get home. Updates to come.

They all look so old...especially Jag! Yay for school!
ReplyDeleteUGH! I'm sooooo jealous, but at the same time I can't imagine how you're doing it. Don't you know that public schools are full of WEIRDOS!? (I know - most people think homeschoolers are weirdos, so who am I to talk.)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how it goes. You get to be my guinea pig. If your boys don't end up with crappy attitudes and demanding designer clothes and cell phones, then maybe I'll let my kids have a go at public school next year.
Oh wait. My kids already have all those bad habits. Sigh.
Such handsome boys, but where are the cowboy hats?? I thought all Texans wore them EVERYWHERE! Isn't it interesting how true they stay to the personalities they've always had in every situation. I looked for the picture of the Mom with the swollen eyes - where is it??? Love G. Allred
ReplyDelete