On Friday I looked at Noah, in only a diaper and declared that he was too big to be wearing a diaper still. I went on Saturday and bought underwear, much to his delight! Sunday was spent wearing diapers under undies (I just didn't have the energy to start training him yet). Monday I started the horrible process of potty training my baby. He is almost 2 1/2 and he is super ready, but it never fails -as soon as I start the process I hate it and want to back out.
He is doing really well. He loves undies and thinks he is big, but that doesn't mean he is reliable. I still hate it, but I look forward to the benefits... a diaper-free house.
I will be buying stock in the M &M company. Noah gets 1 M&M for a "try", 2 M &Ms for #1, and 4 M&Ms for #2. He is smart and will repeatedly "try" just to get a pile of treats to snack on. I don't care, just don't make me change another diaper.
Go Noah! Go Noah! Go Noah! (That is the chant I give him every single time:))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for starting my day off by making me feel OLD. Is he really 2 1/2?? And potty training??? Girl - we officially don't have babies anymore. Now we're those "older" moms in R.S. with the flabby underarms and beehive hairdo's. Crap.
ReplyDeleteWoOhOo for Noah!!! I hate potty training, but the results are priceless :) Stick with it...It can only get better!
ReplyDeleteBTW
ReplyDeleteHe looks more like a little Noah than a little Guy :)
Hurray for Noah (and his Mom)! That is really a milestone - and so welcome when success finally comes. The true test comes when "nature" calls when you're shopping or caught in traffic. It's still worth it though. I can't think of a single time I enjoyed changing a diaper. Good luck! Love, G. Allred
ReplyDelete