Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stump And Bacon

My big leg is the ugly part of being pregnant. Things have gotten worse with each child, and this girl is doing number on my body. My leg, just the right one, swells and is really ugly. Darin calls it a stump or my sausage. My toes look mostly normal, but I am getting a crease at the base (where the toes meet with the foot)...who has a toe crease?! At least the weather is getting warmer and I can cram my stump (Darin's words) into a flip flop.

(I think I had an ankle there once.)
(I'm not going to show the entire leg, that would be too scary.)

Sometimes I wear lovely support hose in a grandma nude shade. The other day Davis noticed my lovely "tan" and said, "Wow, look what pregnancy is doing to your skin color. That is cool." I said that it was anything but cool, but the boy insisted that he liked it. I finally removed my slipper and told him that pregnancy was also giving me webbed toes. Then he realized that they were socks, not skin. Disappointed.

Noah loves my belly. He loves to rub and kiss it. Mostly he loves to look at the thing that used to be a cute inney belly button. He looks at it and tells me that it looks like there's bacon in it. What?! Bacon, he swears there's bacon in my button. Could be, I guess, I have a hard time seeing what I've dropped down there.

(The Pork Belly.)

5 comments:

  1. You rock! If there was anything that was going to cheer me up today, this was it. I just wish you would have let your boys think you have webbed toes a little longer. That is a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You posted pregnancy pix! (And I lost some bacon only yesterday. I'm totally checking my belly-button!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's pretty obvious where all my bacon went - right on my behind! Sorry about all the swelling. I had to borrow our neighbor's flip flops - in February yet - when I was last pregnant. First, I gave up shoes, then slippers, then the borrowed flip flops. My swelling was not confined to the foot and leg, though - the whole person resembled an elephant! Thanks goodness it goes away quite quickly.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know you were pregnant!!!! And I did not know you were having a girl!!! WOW!! This was a big post for me!!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I get for not checking (or posting on my own blog) in MONTHS! I didn't know you were expecting ... CONGRATULATIONS! When are you due? Do you guys find out? I'm praying REAL HARD for a girl. Although, I'm not sure that's fair ... it could do one of two things; throw you for a total loop, or ... she could be your escape from all the testosterone :)

    ReplyDelete