Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reinventing My Wheel

Most people don't get very many opportunities to reinvent themselves. You know take out a little something or add a little something to yourself. Moving as often as we do allows me time to reinvent myself. One move, I decided to be that outgoing person who introduces themselves first. That lasted for about a month before I went back to just waiting for someone to introduce themselves first. I know that is lame, but that is just who I am. I've "tried out" the crafter, the runner, the food storage guru, the crazy lady, the calm lady, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker. All of them, but always just come back to me.

When Darin is gone I get a chance to try out new things and change myself some more. Bangs, yep. Hair dye, yep. New makeup, new clothes. All just little changes to see what I like before someone I like is around again. Somethings might stay changed while others may go back to the way it was before...bangs are a little hard to get rid of.

I thought that I could put off exercising and getting in shape, because Darin would be gone forever, and it was too hot to think about. However, I may have put it off for too long, he is coming home in 2 months. Can I get in shape before then? What about my arm flags? Could I make them arms of steel in 2 months? What about those shoes that look like orthopaedic footware, but claim to tone your backside? Do they work well enough that you throw fashion out the window and wear them? Should I be known as the girl with no fashion sense, but a tight butt? Maybe.

I've got to do something with my time. I am going to go crazy. I am going to be known as the girl who has a husband, in about 2 months.

Any suggestions on what I should reinvent this week?

I can now be known as the girl who has a computer again!!

4 comments:

  1. Well, bangs sound faster and easier than getting "buff", but there's no turning back once you put those scissors down! After about a year and a half of counting calories and being faithful at walking, etc.. I did succeed in losing 40 lbs, but I wouldn't wish this body on my worst enemy. I waited about 20 years too long. You, on the other hand, can accomplish a lot in a couple of months, and you don't have to count calories. The bat wings may be there to stay???? Good luck.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    By the way, you've always looked great to me. If the bat wings won't leave, you can try long sleeves.... Did you set up your new computer yourself?? Do you have pictures to share?? We miss them.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming down in a few weeks, I'm bringing a DVD and some torture bands. You can tell the difference in a few weeks (one difference is that you can no longer comb your new bangs because your arms are too stiff to move!). We'll get up early or stay up late and we'll do the arms. I'll check online and see if I can find you a set. XOXOXO Mommy

    p.s your arms are sticks, I can't imagine sticks with wings?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with your grandma - show pix, please! And I definitely think you could buff up in two months. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete