Friday, March 13, 2009

Channeling Becky Sue

When I was younger, I loved to go to the local mall. In the food court was a fabulous place called, Becky Sue's Buns. I don't know if any of you remember dear Becky Sue, but I haven't forgotten her. She had sweet rolls of every imaginable kind. I have been thinking a lot about Becky Sue's Buns and found my inspiration today.

I started my morning by whipping up a batch of dough. Then came a sprinkling of creativity in honor of the Bun Queen. Half the dough became a delicious Cherry Cream Cheese with Cream Cheese Icing. The other half became a Cinnamon Cream Cheese with a Caramel Apple Topping.

I know that this seems like a lot of detail for just some sweet rolls, but honestly they have been on my mind a lot. I did give most of them away, I certainly don't want to look like I have Becky Sue's Buns with me forever.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jessica! What a loss the world suffered when Becky Sue closed up shop! Cinnabon? Please. Not even worthy to lick Becky Sue's beaters!

    I loved her cherry cheese buns! But I also liked her pizza flavored ones, too.

    And then the frozen yogurt place was right next door!!

    Oh, those were the glory days of the old VFM food court, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I wish you lived closer I could have used some of Becky Sues buns today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the baking gene found you! Every time there's a cloud in the sky, I heat up the oven and bake something. Love, Grandma A.

    ReplyDelete