Monday, March 23, 2009

I Love Christian

Christian sees things a little differently.

We were talking about the Mexican revolution and Spain today for history. It was interesting. Davis was asking questions about how big I thought that "New Spain" was then in comparison to the United States. I mentioned that it was obviously bigger before the US took Texas. Christian, pops out of his chair and with a look of amazement says, "You mean Texas is now our newest state?!"
I looked at him with a look of astonishment. I had all the thoughts of failing my child rush through my head. Although I know a public school wouldn't solve this misunderstanding.
I just said, "No, Christian. Texas isn't our newest state."
He has a funny little laugh and then just said, "I know it's older than that. Texas is as old as grandpa Davis." My eyes must have told him that Grandpa wasn't that old. So, on to the next oldest people he could think of.
"Is it as old as grandpa Fawcett? No wait, grandma Fawcett?" (Grandpa Fawcett has made certain that the boys know that grandma is the older of the two.)
By then Davis couldn't stand it anymore and shouts, "Christian, Texas has been a state for over 100 years."

Lesson learned. Christian moved on to his next random thought. I love this kid!

4 comments:

  1. How can you not love that kid? I am sending Alex with the Fawcetts to the Baptism, he is very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad is getting pretty old. Almost Texas old :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is that Texas isn't as sold as Grandma Thull. Whew...Grandpa Davis maybe, or Grandma Cathy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad my name didn't come up because I'm older than dirt! yes, even Texas dirt. I love Christian too. He's something special.
    Love, Grandma A.

    ReplyDelete