Saturday, July 4, 2009

What Have I Done?

*This story is for Brooke and her enjoyment.

I found a fantastic sale. Rainboots for a steal! Noah just fell in love with a great pair of shark boots, including fins on the back.

He insists on wearing them everywhere. Everywhere. With shorts. Uggg! I hate it when kids wear boots with shorts. I fight him and try to hide them, his helpful brothers always find them for the poor baby who is sobbing. I am now that mom, the one who lets her kid out of the house wearing whatever they choose.

It is over 100 degrees, but we are in the midst of monsoon season, so at least we have potential for rain on a daily basis. Please let it rain so that my little shark boy won't look so out of place. It is hard to explain everywhere that I got them on sale and now I regret it.

I will post a photo as soon as I can figure it out with our old computer. :)

4 comments:

  1. No good deed ever goes unpunished. That's why I always just wrapped my kids' feet in burlap and told them to be grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jessica. I can't believe you've sunk to such lows. Next thing we know, your kids will be leaving the house without their hair combed! :-)

    I'm just relieved that it's Noah so that you can't blame it on my and my horrible "homeschoolers influence."

    I can't wait to see the picture! Those boots do sound pretty dang cool. Fins you say? Oh yeah, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! I know that it is hard to let him go out like that, but I bet he thinks he is SO cool! Honestly, Sailor has gotten most of the kids in church wearing cowboy boots every Sunday. He is only 2 once :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it requires some real restraint for you to keep from just ripping them off Noah, but we still talk about the outfits Susan used to let Nell dress in at home. She just twirled and loved life! I'm sure Noah will too. Just try to relax, relax, relax! Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete