Being on a military base on Independence Day?
I love the military. When it comes to patriotic colors, I think that chamouflage should be right up there with red, white and blue. I am so proud to be an American. I am honored by the sacrafices of the men and women (and families of) in the military.
Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amen. And a big THANKS to the families of our active duty service men & women.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
In Puerto Rico - you know, that US territory that we pay taxes to support but they don't? THAT Puerto Rico? - the only place you can even SEE fireworks is on the base. The rest of the island acts like the day is no big deal. Their attitude is just so very, very adolescent. So, yes, I loved those July 4ths on the base. So meaningful.
ReplyDelete(My parents spent one July 4th at a former concentration camp in East Germany. Pretty powerful stuff.)
We're proud and thankful too! I always get a lump in my throat when the colors pass us in the parade on July 4th. The kids just love it too. We missed you and your kids though. Love, G. Allred
ReplyDelete