I feel like I am on a really bad camping vacation. Vacation because we are always on the go, eating terrible fast food, and totally without our schedule. Camping because when we do stop and land in our hotel room, it is terribly ill-equiped and make-shift. Just a note...this place has the worst military TLF hotels.
We are still homeless and looking. We went to 2 different churches trying to "check them out" only to talk to people who directed our home search away from where we were. So now it feels like we are starting over. Darin is back at work on Friday, I have given it until then. I will be signing a lease without even seeing a house at that point.
On a side note, I did go on a camping vacation to Germany and camped 10 days in the rainy Alps, that was fantastic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're my hero Jess! Hang in there! I know it's miserable but the stories you tell are always, truly hysterical. Take care! Love ya.........Tanya, Garrett & Sadie
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your plight! It is hard to live in such an unstructured way when you're a structured person. Nothing feels right. We're praying for you, Jess.
ReplyDeleteLove, G. Allred
Listen - either you get your butt up here and live my structured life with me until Darin gets you established in Texas, or else I'm coming down there and assigning chores/math pages/writing assignments so that you poor souls can feel "normal" again.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Gma Allred - this just isn't right for you. You need structure and order and a schedule. You need to be baking bread and decorating cookies for some stupid, obscure holiday. I'm so sorry that this move has sucked for you.
But hey - at least you're not doing it pregnant, or with a newborn. :-)
Brooke, only pregnant or newborn could make me more crazy than I currently am! The plumber here at TLF just came to tell me that they may need to take out the tub!?
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic military life!
Welcome to DeNae-land, the most unstructured, unscheduled place on earth. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
ReplyDelete