Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Brief Collection of Pictures from Darin's last 2 Weeks Home

The wild flowers in Texas are beautiful. There are tons of flowers everywhere. I stayed in the car while Darin took the picture to prevent my eyes from swelling shut...gotta love allergies.


We took the boys to Six Flags on the most perfect day of the year. It was rainy. Most people stayed at home, but not us. In fact the rain stopped after only about 10 minutes and it left a perfect, empty amusement park to play in. We went on every ride and didn't wait more than 5 minutes in any line. I kept trying to tell the boys how lucky they were, but they were having too much fun to listen.

This one made Darin very sick. The boys went on it twice.
I kept my eyes closed the entire time on Goliath (yellow coaster) as Davis and I screamed. I knew that it was the only way I'd keep from getting sick. Why is it that age makes the rides that much worse?
The San Antonio Missions baseball game. Davis just can't peel his eyes from the action to smile.

Darin and the boys went to Star Wars in Concert. What could be better than Star Wars and a full orchestra? Nothing according to Davis.

Visiting the Missions on a very hot day. Hurray for Sonic's Happy Hour Slushies!

At the airport seeing Darin off. The smiles were only there for a brief time. It was a very hard day, but one that had to happen if he is going to be able to get it over with. I am happy to be counting down to his return. We all miss him.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Those last few weeks he left must have been hard. Even though you're doing fun stuff, there is always this dark cloud overhead.

    I think there is almost a sense of relief when he's finally gone--because then you can start counting down. Like you said, he can't come home until after he leaves.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious picture of Darin and the kids! Those good-byes are really tough, and even after all these years I still remember. The welcome home is lots better!
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing would be better than Star Wars concert for my 11 year-old, too. When does Darin come home? I've loved getting all caught up on your summer! Your blog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete