Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Best Parade Ever

We LOVE the 24th of July Parade in Salt Lake City! My boys would be heart broken if we didn't attend. Last year we moved to TX in July and didn't make the parade. The entire day of the 24th the boys whined about what they should be/would be doing if they were in Utah. Hurray, that didn't happen again. Lots of pictures of our favorite parts of the parade.


Every parade starts out with Silly String wars, usually started by Dallas. He isn't the innocent victim that he may appear to be.

Dusty getting attacked.


Anya slept through the parade while wearing her band muffling blanket ear protection.



My dad and Grandma Davis. They came of their own free will!! I had to take a picture of that.




Rooster and Sasha danced and clapped their way through the parade. They've got the moves.



Our favorite part of the parade were the people who were there. We loved spending the time with our family!
Christian loved throwing poppers at people. Jag liked gathering up the used Silly String into a big gross ball. Noah liked sitting on grandma's lap and eating taffy with her. And surprise, surprise, Davis loved pointing out all the instruments in all the bands. (I think that I am going to be watching him march one day. Good thing I love parades.)
This was the last thing before our drive home started.

3 comments:

  1. Love that parade! And you're smart to protect Anya's ears; those bagpipes have been known to KILL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are your grandparents??? SO CUTE!! Love them! Glad you made it this year. My husband HATES parades so I don't know if I'll ever make it to that parade again. BOOOO!!!

    What a fun family tradition for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved having you there! I just wish that you lived around the corner so that we could play every day!

    ReplyDelete