Saturday, August 21, 2010

Nice Bow on that Boy

Anya is NOT a boy!

We are having hair issues. After 4 boys, I don't know how to do girl hair. Heck, I barely do my own hair anymore. But, after the boys, I AM going to do Anya's hair. At first I tried putting a curl down the center, but thanks to today's boy styles, more than one person commented on her Mohawk. Curl, not mohawk.

So we've tried some other styles, bow, barrette, fluffy puffy, and headband. I've made bows and velcro barrettes with flowers attached, but still people ask me if she is a boy. People use the wrong pronoun when talking about him?/her. She is sitting in a pink car seat wearing girly clothes and it isn't enough, she must have her hair done. But How!?

I have 4 boys and I really want #5 to be a girl. I guess hair won't change that, but it would be nice if people noticed that she was a girl.


Fluffy Puffy

Tiny bow

Barrette


Headband, her least favorite. She always manages to get it over her eyes.

Curl stretched out into a fabulous Mohawk.

3 comments:

  1. Dang! Every time you post a picture of her, I can't get over how stinkin' CUTE she is!! And don't even listen to the stupid people who call her a boy. Some people are just clueless, no matter what you do to tip them off.

    For what it's worth, I like the barrette look best. And I'm with her - I can't stand headbands either. (Plus, I always feel sorry for the little girls whose moms make them wear headbands all the time and they end up with indentations in the top of their soft little heads. Child abuse!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Brooke - people just don't stop and look for the clues, although I don't see how they could mistake her for a boy. I also like the barrette - maybe with a larger flower or something. Some gel holding some bangs would be cute, too! I love those smiles!
    G. Allred

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't listen to G'Ma Allred, her favorite hair-do for me was no hair. I had someone say "hey that boy's wearing a dress" at me and I had to be 10ish. You were called a boy and you had a pink dress, bangs, bow and white sandles. Stupid blind people...

    ReplyDelete