Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hard Lessons Learned

It seems like all the lessons that are remembered are the lessons that are learned the hard way. Noah is learning life lessons this week. Noah is really sad that he has to learn these, but then again, so am I.

Life lesson #1: Biting people isn't funny or nice. We don't bite friends when laughing, we don't bite brothers when angry. He had been warned that biting would have an unpleasant consequence, but really he wants to learn things the hard way. He tried to bite just one more time (what kind of kid just decides one day that biting might be a good thing?) and then the consequence of soap in his mouth...yes, he may blame me for blindness later in life. All the boys have had soap for one reason or another, but they usually move or squirm, so it is kind of a half-soaping. Noah got a full-soaping. I kind of felt bad about it. He was screaming and crying and then the best was when he started to blow soap bubbles out his nose. I knew at that moment that a life lesson had been learned.
[I couldn't possibly take a picture while laughing or else it would have defeated the purpose of the punishment. Too bad, it was funny.]

Life lesson #2: Scissors are meant to cut paper. Really only a picture is needed for this lesson.


This is the consequence picture. When he looked in the mirror, he FREAKED!! I threw him in the tub to wash the hair and snot off of him. He was kicking and screaming. He then got tossed into bed. If he hadn't learned life lesson #1, I know for a fact, I would have had to deal with the teeth. He was so angry with me that he started running in circles, growling and crying.


I am learning the hard way how to parent a Noah! He takes all of my patience and all of my consistency. So mad that I wasted my time a week ago giving him a nice haircut. So glad that it isn't time for him to get his picture taken. This is a lesson that will be around for quite awhile.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I full-on belly laughed over this one. The soap bubbles coming out of his nose - that's a visual I'll be giggling about for days. And yes, he'll show up years from now, with dark glasses and a white cane, telling you that "it...it was...soap...POISONING!"

    Practice grieving in harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I'm tired, "had it" for the day, headache coming on and just need to be done - - then I read your blog and realized my day was probably better than yours.

    You're the BEST mom I know!

    Love ya.........Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with DeNae - Soap bubbles out the nose!? Priceless.

    ReplyDelete