Monday, August 2, 2010

Camping in the Spruces

We were lucky enough to be in UT during the Allred Annual Camping trip. It is always a wonderful experience. One that my boys always want to attend. We just go up Big Cottonwood canyon, so really close, but fabulous camping fun. All the kids have been camping by the time they were 3 months old, but I whimped out and only went for one night. My mom took Davis and Christian for the first night and then the 3 little ones and I came for the second night. The weather was fantastic and we were able to have fires, which made it both fun and dangerous...just a few burns to mention. Think flaming, hot, marshmallows and then you know.

Lest anyone think I was adventurous to take 5 kids camping by myself you must know that I took total advantage of my family. Mitch set up my tent. Brian, mom, and Mitch put it down and help load the car. Jay held Anya and changed many diapers. Grandma, Manette, and Jon cooked and slaved while I sat in a chair. My boys played with cousin after cousin, went on many adventure hikes with grandparents, and followed Mitchell everywhere. I sat in a chair.

Camping was fantastic and I was lazy. Sorry family that we just showed up and let you do all the work. We had a terrific time, Thanks!

Now for all the pictures of the adventure.

Anya happy to be camping.

Cute Guy!


Hanging out with Jaylynn.

He really is having a fantastic time, he just refuses to smile. Thanks Darin for making my boys think that only fools smile in pictures.



He isn't picking his nose. He is showing me his burn that is between his fingers.

Playing cards is one of the best parts of camping.




I didn't get any pictures of the boys on snake hunts or of the billion trips down the hill while sitting on a skateboard, only to crash and burn just moments after your mother warns you. I should have taken more pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Many of my childhood memories include your granparents and my parents, loading the table with so much junk food there was hardly room for the game, and playing cards for hours and hours. To this day, I associate your Grandma Allred with Carol Burnett, because I would sit downstairs and watch the Carol Burnett show every Saturday night, and listen to Aunt Helen and my mom talk and laugh, while the men grumbled about them not paying attention to the game!

    Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those same memories of mom and Aunt Helen! Only mine include Fantasy Island and Golden Girls. And maybe, if we were lucky, we got a peanut cluster slid under the door to us before we were BANISHED to the basement again! Ha!

    Looks like so much fun! Makes me miss everyone.

    ReplyDelete