Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Deutsch Dienstag

Ode to the Commode

German toilets make absolutely no sense to me.  Imagine this,  a flat dry slab with a small hole at the front of the "bowl."  What is the purpose of that dry slab?  It only makes everything disgusting!  You have to flush and hope that there is enough water to scoot everything down the hole.  The toilet brush is a mandatory item in every bathroom!  Even all of the public restrooms have the mandatory toilet brush.  Clean up after yourself.

A couple of nice things about the toilets.  First, there are often two buttons to push depending on whether you need a lot of water or only a little water to clean it out.  Second, although you pay 30-50 euro cents to use a public restroom, they are the cleanest public toilets I've ever seen.  I was at a Christmas market and saw a toilet trailer and thought (because of the smell) there is NO WAY I will ever go into that place.  But it just so happens that the trailer was unfortunately parked right next to the stinky cheese booth and the restroom was perfect.  A little lady went into each stall and sprayed and wiped it down between each person!  That is service.

1 comment:

  1. They say that if you have enough money, you can hire someone to do about anything! That's not the job of my dreams. I've had lots of experience, but I still don't love it. Don has no idea how that happens! Nice to see a clean public restroom though.
    Love, G. Allred

    ReplyDelete